Sunday, March 11, 2012

2 new ways to follow the Universal Machine

There are now two new ways you can follow the Universal Machine online. The first is a new YouTube channel I curate called (not surprisingly) the Universal Machine. It features videos from this blog about the history and future of computing; divided into two playlists with the same names. I like this new YouTube design, it makes it very easy to create a channel and populate it with a single click whilst you watch any YouTube video. Over the next few days I'll be adding all the videos I've blogged about to it and then in future adding new videos to the channel.
   The other social media outlet I've migrated to is Pinterest, really just to see what all the fuss is about. So there's now a Universal Machine board on Pinterest that will feature pins from things I'm blogging about. I have to say I'm not really sure what all the fuss is about with Pinterest, it's been one of the fastest growing social media sites ever. Though, like YouTube's new system, it is very easy to pin something (a couple of clicks) to your Pinterest board and I have to say in just a few days I've received a good deal of traffic.
  Finally, don't forget that there is a paper.li twice daily edition of The Universal Machine, which features news and stories about Alan Turing, computing and the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment