Friday, April 6, 2012

Google - Project Glass - augmented reality glases

Back in February I posted that Google was starting work on augmented reality glasses, which would provide a heads-up display of relevant information to you. Google have just made public Project Glass, which looks like it aims to replace your smartphone with glasses: providing access to maps, calendars, contact information, music and all the information on the web. I wonder how Angry Birds will work?
    In chapter 14 "Machines of Loving Grace" in The Universal Machine I introduce readers to the concept of ubiquitous computing and augmented reality. You can watch a video that Google have prepared showing possible functionality of their glasses - it's really quite cool.



1 comment:

  1. A friend pointed out to me a YouTube video that adds the adverts that Google obviously forgot to include on there video. http://youtu.be/_mRF0rBXIeg

    Of course you could use AdBlock I suppose.

    ReplyDelete