Monday, November 13, 2023

I created my own GPT


Last week, OpenAI hosted their first developers' conference where Sam Altman revealed their new innovation - build your own GPT without coding. I wanted to try it out and had some free time Saturday morning. I've been working with the NZ AI Forum to create a whitepaper on Large Language Models. We've decided to create living document rather than a static published PDF. To this end we've worked with IBM in Melbourne using WatsonX to create a RAG augmented LLM with content provided by us. 

So I thought I would try out OpenAI's "Create a GPT" beta. It asked me for a name "The AI Forum Guide" and who the intended audience for the GPT would be and what tone its replies should be in: professional, casual, etc. It then asked for any content material. I uploaded about a dozen PDFs and then told it to search ".nz" domains for relevant New Zealand case studies and collate them into a bulleted list with a title, URL, and a paragraph description. I then asked it to incorporate that material into the GPT.

All the while the GPT builder was asking questions of me and encouraging me to inform it of my needs and intentions for the system. I was then able to preview it and if satisfied publish it. It was super easy to use the GPT builder, and the results look promising. I see it being helpful when we've fully populated its content with NZ-specific material on generative AI and its use. 

You can play with my new GPT here (you need a subscription to ChatGPT Plus).


No comments:

Post a Comment